Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Managing Microsoft Project 2007 Custom Fields using the PSI

Chris Boyd just posted a webcast and some samples on how to do basic management operations on enterprise custom fields using the PSI.   Early on when I started learning the 2007 SDK, I decided to implement the custom field editor that is found in SharePoint as a WinForms application (actually a WinForms app shell with a class library implementation of all the forms).  See the screen shots below.  I had somebody ask me if it was really possible to do everything Microsoft is doing in SharePoint via the PSI (and in certain cases such as formulas, the Windows client).  The answer is YES.  Here is the SharePoint tool:

image

Here it is in WinForms

image

 image

image

In my implementation, you can even setup graphical indicators

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will try to get some of this posted as samples but not today!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Could you please post the code?

Colby Africa said...

Unfortunately at this time I am unable to post the code as it is part of a company-owned asset. If you would like guidance, however, I can help you one-on-one. Please contact me here:

http://www.colbyafrica.com/forms/contact.htm

Thank you!

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.