Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Solitary Developer...

Our team is small and geographically distributed so I find myself working alone quite a bit--with just virtual ad hoc discussions with other developers.  After having worked at Microsoft and other technology companies and spending quite a bit of time in development teams, I find it challenging to work outside of a team.   One way I try to stay connected is to read smart people's blogs.  One of my favorites these days, even though he hasn't written for a long time (off on some top secret gig at Microsoft), is Chris Brumme.  Interestingly, Chris learned how to program when he spent a year in bed due to a broken back!  His BA is in biology and classic languages

2 comments :

zack said...

Hey, at least you are coding. ;-) You can have the people and the meetings if you want. I'm not stalking you. Well, not exactly. I saw the blogger window open the other day during the Schedule presentation you did and well, you know, you're name is not exactly common.

I hope all is well my friend. I too wish we actually had a formalized focused team set up - it would definitely make this virtual thing a lot less lonely.

Colby Africa said...

Yeah, I miss yelling over to you on the other side of the office about whatever was driving us crazy at the moment... I don't need a lot of meetings, but I miss having other devs around.

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.