Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Couple Recommendations: Shared Source CLI & The Teaching Company

Chris Brumme of Microsoft recommended a great book: Shared Source CLI Essentials by David Stutz, Ted Neward & Geoff Shilling.  If you are serious about understanding .Net then this is an important read.  Coupled with the CLI implementation, anyone with a decent grasp of C/C++/C# can get into the guts of how the common language infrastructure is designed and implemented.  I am about half way through with my first pass which I plan to follow with a second pass where I will dig into the CLI source.  Geek on!

Second, I am watching The Foundations of Western Civilization, a 48-part lecture series delivered by Thomas F.X. Nobel of the University of Notre Dame.   The series is produced by The Teaching Company  I also have watched about half of the lectures on Calculus.  If you are life-long learner, I highly recommend The Teaching Company.  The company's portfolio also includes introductory programs on many topics at the high school level--so if you are a parent with a struggling student, these lectures might be helpful.  The lecturers are highly engaging.

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.