Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Microsoft Project Server 2007 Queue Manager

UpdateBrian from Microsoft Consulting Services pointed out that a team has put together a similar tool available on CodePlex.  This is great as I am unable to post source code in any meaningful way at this point.  I am working on that as I write but my manager (who rocks by the way--get better SteveO) is out of commission right now.

I am in the midst of migrating a ton of data from Microsoft Project 2003 to 2007.  I am doing the migration through a custom set of services I wrote that sit atop the PSI.  Yesterday I was getting some queue errors so I thought I would spend a bit of time today writing up a little tool to monitor and manage the queue.  I am almost out of here for the day so I am don't have time to write a bunch about it (maybe tomorrow during a break or something).

You can see from the image below that I created a little window that sits on top the task bar.  By default the tool resides in the system tray--I just brought it up so you can get a sense about what it does.

I can choose what kind of job states I want to monitor as well as the message types.  What you are seeing below is the job state selector window that results from clicking the little button to the left of the polling interval up/down numeric control. 

If errors occur, the tool will give you some help in sorting it all out, plus I plan to add some functionality to make sense of correlation problems. 

More tomorrow!

image

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.