Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Microsoft Project Server 2007 Queue System: GeneralStartDateGTorEQFinishDate

As I mentioned here, I put together a monitoring and administration tool for the Microsoft Project 2007 Server queuing system.  The system will optionally poll the heck of the system (generally not a good idea, but sometimes valuable) to see an almost real-time view into what is going on in the queue.  ReadAllJobStatus expects a start and an end date, as well as the job states and message types you want to read from the queue.  When I set my polling interval to almost zero (continuously calling ReadAllJobStatus) I was seeing an GeneralStartDateGTorEQFinishDate error even though I was using DateTime.AddSeconds(-10) to create a ten second gap between the start and end.  As it turns out, the queue web service thinks two dates are the same unless there is at least a one minute difference between the two dates.

Just an FYI.. 

image

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.