Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Southwest Missouri Software Association

I relocated from New York City to a small rural town in the southwestern corner of Missouri.  There are a few technology companies about but I have not found any professional organizations or associations focused on bringing together technologists, software developers, and others to share experiences, network, exchange ideas, and discuss the local (and global) software scene. 

I propose the Southwest Missouri Software Association as a new professional organization to fill this gap.  

It is very early on in my thinking about the topic, but it occurred to me that given the number of technology companies around this area, there really ought to be an organization to support all the great work going on.  I have reached out to several and have been told this is an interesting idea.

Over the next few weeks, I will put together a charter for the group.  Drawing a term from my family's deep maritime tradition,  I am looking for a few "plank owners" to help me get this started.  If you are interested in participating in the early planning phases for a new professional organization servicing the greater southwestern Missouri area, contact me (click the contact me link in the upper right corner of the blog).

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.