Friday, August 14, 2009

Browser Download Sites – Markup Validation Service Score Roundup

I needed a quick break from the slog and I just happened to read an article about RockMelt, a forthcoming browser from the brain that brought us Netscape.  Just on a whim I ran the site through W3C’s markup validation service to see how much this group is paying attention.  There were 16 errors on the page.  Just for grins, I ran some other browser provider’s download pages through the validator.  Here are the results:

Firefox: 0 Errors

Opera: 0 Errors

SeaMonkey: 1 Error

Safari: 4 Errors

Google: 19 Errors

Internet Explorer: 75 Errors

I admit I was a little surprised at Google’s results because the site is so tidy.  Okay, out to dinner before I go back to work!

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.