Friday, November 12, 2010

USE WHITESPACE IN YOUR CODE

Now, I am not a fan of VB.NET (mainly becase I VB’ed myself out when I was at Pacific Edge) to start with, but if you have to write in it, it is really important to follow a good set of development standards.  Good development standards usually include a clause about using whitespace to make code more read-able.  The following is an piece of code I saw (blurred because I am demonstrating a point not beating somebody up).  Not only is there not enough whitespace, the one blank line in the ENTIRE method is just random.

image

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.