Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 08, 2016

How to Remove Built-In Apps from Windows 10

The built-in apps that ship with Win10 are, depending on your purpose (I am a developer, my Aunt is a SCUA diver), not really relevant to what I do.  I have started a “skinner” that will change the Start menu, depending on what you are working on.  That’s later.
 
The standard screen will be some variation of this: 
 
Attached is a Windows PowerShell Script that allows you to pick and choose what is shown—plus, it actually UNINSTALLS the app, which is even better.
  • Save the script somewhere convenient
  • Click the Window key and start typing PowerShell.  You will see something called the following 
 
  • Right click and Run as Administrator

  • Open the script

  • Click the Green “Go” button on the toolbar and voilĂ , these pesky apps are gone.

 
 
If you decide to commit to the Windows 10 Start concept, it can be very useful and looks great as well:
 
 
HTH,
 
Colby Tait Africa
Architect & Engagement Manager
DeltaBahn, LLC
(o): 1 (417) 737-7172
(c): 1 (417) 489 - 8527
 
 

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.