Check out my new blog at https://shibumiware.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Testing 1-2.3

Microphone

Trying Various Microphones

The head set was reported to be too faint. It doesn't have gain control so I pulled out my Telex M-560 from the device archive. It has all sorts of bells and whistles; it was the first microphone sanctioned for voice recognition without a headset or sound card.

Welcome to Star Trek

It certainly doesn't look like any microphone I have seen since I bought it over a decade ago: Telex M-560

I think this will be perfect for video's BUT you can still hear background noise from a server that is sitting about 3 feet to my left.  I need to move it so I can turn the gain up a bit more.  Until then, give the volume a tick up or two when you viewing videos from the channel.

Test Video

Who knows, I may have to borrow Parker's fancy microphone but I think the only significant problem is the server fans.  I never notice the sound any more until it was pointed out.  Thanks for the feedback.  Start using the comments so you can see if I am addressing any problems!  I get too much email as it is, but I am not complaining.


Colby-Tait

No comments :

Disclaimer

Content on this site is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Additionally, all content on this site is my own personal opinion and does not represent my employer's view in any way.